ILEAInternational Legal Experts Association
Who We Are
In Korea, there are many legal associations, such as the Korean Bar Association, regional bar associations (e.g., Seoul Bar Association), Labor attorneys’ association, Association of CPAs, etc. But there was no association where these legal experts could meet and collaborate with each other. Given the fact that today’s world is becoming more and more complex, and that any given problem requires not just one but multiple legal experts, we thought it was necessary to form an association that could unite these legal experts. Accordingly, we formed our association and named it International Legal Experts Association.
Just as our name suggests, our members include legal experts in different areas of the law, such as Korean attorneys, US attorneys, law professors, patent attorneys and agents, labor attorneys, CPAs, and so on. Currently, we have over 150 members and are planning to expand our membership to over 300 by the end of this year.
What We Do
ILEA is affiliated with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and we have recently signed an MOU with the Korean Legal Aid Corporation, which is the national provider of legal aid services, to provide pro bono services to low-income population who cannot afford representation. Below is a brief summary of activities by the ILEA:
- Exchange knowledge and information on domestic and foreign laws among members;
- Provide legal education to our members and the public;
- Provide advisory and consulting services to the government, national assembly and other organizations regarding international aws, treaties and conventions;
- Interact and communicate with other bar associations and law schools;
- Seek collaboration with international organizations;
- Publish books and other publications on foreign laws;
- Research and study foreign laws, treaties and conventions;
- Offer pro bono activities and volunteer services that involve international legal issues; and
- Support other businesses and activities that comply with the ILEA’s goal
Chairman’s Welcome Message
I warm welcome your visit to our website of the International Legal Experts Association (ILEA).
After the Korea-U.S. FTA and the Korea-EU FTA came into effect, the Korean legal market opened its door stage by stage. Accordingly, it is expected that the roles of international legal experts will be enlarged and expanded, which will lead the Korean legal market to be enriched in both quality and quantity.
In the middle of this whirlwind of changes, the ILEA was formed in November 2016 in order for the international legal experts in Korea can build up their networks, exchange relevant knowledge and information, share friendship, and grow together.
Furthermore, the ILEA has opened this website in order to provide the information on international laws and to make an atmosphere of online communication with other organizations and the general public as well as members of the ILEA.
Our website is open to anyone all the time.
I hope you get a variety of information from this website.
The ILEA will always seek to listen to your opinion and voice.
International Legal Experts Association
Yeoksam Station (line 2, green line) exit 1, within 5 minutes walk distance
2F Geopyeong Bldg.
9 Nonhyeon-ro 80gil,
Seoul, South Korea 06223
© 2017 International Legal Experts’ Association All Rights Reserved